The belly rules the mind. -- Spanish Proverb
Hebe Cord is a nylon cord from Sullivan's USA that is great for knitting, knotting, braiding, tatting and crocheting. The fabric it makes feels quite substantial. Thinking about wanting to have a few friends over for dinner, I used it to make some napking rings in order to give my table a more polished look.
Guage: 5sts=1", 3 rows=1"
Finished napkion ring when flat is 7" x 1"
To create 4 napkin rings you will need:
2 packages of Hebe Cord ( I used medium pink).
4 buttons (vintage from yoru stash or a novelty one of choice)
B crochet hook
1. Chain 33 stitches. Turn and insert hook into 4th chain from the hook. The first 3 chains = 1dc. 1dc in each chain until the end.
2. Chain 3, turn and 1dc in each chain, inserting your hook under both halves of the stitch.
3. Repeat step 2 until you have completed 3 rows, approximately 1".
4. When you have completed the final row, complete 2more dc in the same chain. This will make a scallop on the coner. 1sc into final row edge. 3dc into the next row along the edge, 1sc into the final row and then 3 dc into next corner. *Skip a stitch and 1sc into the next stitch. Skip a stitch and 3dc into the next stitch. * Repeat from * to * ending with 3 dc in the next corner. 1sc into the row edge. 3dc into the next row along the edge. 1sc into the fianl corner and then 3dc into the next corner. Repeat from * to * ending with 3dc in the next corner. Slip stitch along the ttop of the first scallop. Wehn you are at the top of the scallop, chain 8, slip stitch to teh top of the scallop along the next corener. Turn and work 10 sc obe the 8 chains. (This creates the loop for the closure.) Slip stitch to the top of the scallop. Fasten off.
5. Sew in all tails.
6. Sew a button onto the ring opposite from the loop. Block the piece flat if stitches are slightly distorted. Button and use for dinner.
7. Hint! Make the rings in Gold, Orange or Red and use a button shaped like a turkey to add a festive touch to your Thanksgiving table.
Hint - This pattern also makes a nice bracelet cuff as my 8 year old niece pointed out. Add chains to make a length to fit your wrist, otherwise this size is suitable for a young child.
For more crafting ideas using Hebe Cord," checkout the work in the Designer Crafts Connection webring wherever you see this logo. Each blog in the hop is written by a designer associated with the Craft and Hobby Association. We each have unique styles, so be sure to hop through to see what each is doing with this month's theme! - See more at: http://loops.typepad.com/serendipity/2014/02/designer-craft-connection-multistrand-knit-necklace.html#more